We’ve had a great week in class, and there are lots of activities that we have done but sometimes it’s hard to remember so... Ask me about…
- In math, we started a new unit, Geometry! We are looking at what polygons are and how we might describe them by the length of their sides, the direction of their sides (parallel, perpendicular and intersecting) and the types of angles; right angle, acute angle - smaller than a right angle and obtuse angles - larger than a right angle. Next week we will be looking at different types of polygons and naming them by their number of sides as well as a more indepth look at different types of quadrilaterals.
- In language, we continue to practice our high frequency-words, word sorts and journal writing and we are starting a mini unit on small moment writing (example: The first time I rode a roller coaster).
Things to remember:
- Our class continues to gather gifts and food items for our family Christmas basket due to be delivered on December 19th.
- Wednesday, December 7 and Thursday, December 8 library books should be returned.
- Wednesday, December 7: Swimming lessons for the Grade 3 that are in Mrs Gurr class.